My work experience, education, and resume.
UX/UI Design Lead – Mercer
March 2011 to present
• Designing user experiences, wireframes, and web application mock-ups in low-fidelity and high-fidelity.
• Creating user stories, personas, user journeys, and storyboards.
• Managing UI component design libraries and design systems with adherence to corporate brand standards.
• Contributing to vision and ownership in the quality of the final product and the end-user experience.
• Conducting user research, user testing of design prototypes, and usability studies to iterate and enhance the user experience.
• Communicating design rationales to product owners and business stakeholders.
• Overseeing usage and training of tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Zeplin, Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
• Finding creative and innovative ways to solve complex user interaction problems and provide greater value for end-users through UX design.
• Mobile application deployment and project management for Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Co-Owner, General Manager – Fern Creek CrossFit
Fern Creek CrossFit
January 2019 to August 2020
Pursuing my passion for coaching, health, and fitness, I became a co-owner and general manager of a Louisville-based CrossFit gym. My evenings and weekends were consumed with a great community of people and coaches all pushing to become better humans.
My responsibilities included:
• Lead and developed fitness programs for groups and individuals of all levels in a manner that promotes and exemplifies the mission of CrossFit.
• Sets and complies gym standard operating policies, procedures, rules and standards.
• Manages senior gym staff, including head coach, social media manager, client success manager, and sales manager.
• Mentor all gym staff to help build their career as fitness professionals.
• Maintain gym branding and online presence on web and social media.
• Coached 4-5 classes per week, including the beginner program.
Web Administrator – Indiana University
Indiana University Southeast
December 2008 to February 2011
Worked to provide specialized expertise and leadership for web projects for IU Southeast Information Technology and to its external customers. Collaborated with and managed a team of designers and developers as a part of the IU Southeast web production team in creation of campus websites and web services. Designed, wrote, developed, debugged, installed, modified, configured and maintained software to support web-based systems for the staff and students on and off campus.
Senior Interactive Developer – Doe-Anderson
August 2007 to November 2008
UI Design & Development Lead – Hosting.com
Hosting.com (now a part of Ntirety)
July 2004 to August 2007
Design work includes print ads, corporate documents, stationery, websites, banner ads, application interfaces and user interface work flows using design tools such as Adobe Photoshop CS2, Adobe Illustrator CS2 and Macromedia Fireworks MX.
Manage a team of developers responsible for website and application interfaces using tools such as MS Visual Studio 2005, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, MS SQL Server Management Studio and MySQL Query Browser utilizing my knowledge of languages such as XHTML, CSS, legacy ASP, VB, C#, .NET 2.0, PHP, SQL 2000 and MySQL. Incorporated strategic website planning and search engine optimization using web traffic and stats analysis software such as Urchin, Google Analytics and CrazyEgg.
Co-Owner & Senior Applications Developer – LeapFrog
LeapFrog, Inc. (now LEAP Agency)
May 2000 to June 2004
My responsibilities included implementing web development process, supervising application development department, developing web applications, designing user experiences, programming large scale database driven websites and applications, maintaining web hosting, email and internal file servers and providing technical support for client hosting and email accounts.
Some of the clients I managed were Thomas Industries, Farm Credit Services MA, Fund For the Arts, YUM! Brands, KFC, Ceridian, Louisville Science Center, Louisville Orchestra, and the Regent Group.
B.A. in Communications, University of Louisville, May 2000
• Focus in mass media, business communications and internet/web communications.
• Emphasis in interpersonal and group/organizational communication.
• CrossFit Level 1 Training certificate, April 2018
My Interactive Resume
Built in Figma to provide a more informative, interactive presentation of my experience.